Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SNOWMAN PROGRESS

Didn't go out because they're paving the street in front of my
apartment today. What a mess! So I spent half the day reading
email and the other half, sewing. Whoo hoo! Hand sewed the
embellishments on my snowman (or should I say snow-woman)
wallhanging. My first time trying to machine applique and it had
to be a little carrot nose. I don't think it looks too bad for my first
try. Like they say, if you can't see it from the back of a galloping
horse, it doesn't count. LOL
Then, I put the borders on. I really like the dark blue.
Cut the backing (the same dark blue) and
layered the quilt. Now it's all pin-basted and
ready to quilt. Don't know how I'll quilt it yet.
I think a combination of stitch-in-the-ditch
and swirls (as if it's snowing.) I hope to get
it completely done by the end of the week.
A great big thanks goes out to Carmen from
the One Stitch at a Time group for the free
pattern. Luv ya, Carmen! I'll finally be able
to cross something off of my UFO list.
Well, better get back to sewing.
I've got a million projects started. Need to
get some finished. See y'all later.
Sherry

1 comment:

  1. Sherry

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the snowman!!!

    awesome work .. hmm .. wonder if he might jump into the post box and come and visit me ;)

    hugs
    g

    ReplyDelete